About the Immersion System
The Immersion program is designed for committed acrobatic students who wish to take their practice to the next level in the company of like-minded people. During each immersion, students will receive a full spectrum of information from beginner to advanced level acrobatics. The immersion program is separated into 3 parts: Fundamentals, Intermediate, and Advanced. Each program is progressive and is designed not only to create a fun and empowering experience, but also to teach students how to train for success outside of the classroom.
The Fundamentals Immersion is a 5 day, 30 hour training for students brand new to partner acrobatics, more advanced students looking to improve their skills at a basic level, and teachers looking for a walk-through of skills and techniques to offer to their students. The content includes a set of 45 skills for raw beginners, intermediate beginners, and advanced beginners, and offers a range of L-Base (supine base) and standing acro at each level. Safety practices, spotting, effective and compassionate communication practice, and interpersonal skills are also a priority in this experience. It is not necessary to come with a partner, though it’s a great idea to come with one or with a group of people that will continue to work together after the immersion.
Prerequisites to attend:
- 10 Push ups
- 15 second handstand at the wall
- No major injuries
Intermediate Immersion: Foundations of Standing Hand to Hand and Dynamic L-Basing
The Intermediate Immersion is a 5-day, 30 hour training for students who are ready to play and take the acrobatics practice to the next level! During the immersion, students will be introduced to intermediate level L-Basing washing machines, standing acrobatics, next-level solo tumbling, and handstand skills building on the fundamentals. Level-appropriate standing acrobatic skills including counterbalances, lifts, and preparatory elements for standing hand to hand and foot to hand skills will also be a component of training each day. If you are confident and stable in fundamental skills, this week-long offering will be the perfect segue into a world of acrobatic movement!
Prerequisite skills to attend:
- 22 skills test https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4dvHCaWCVo
- Jump to Reverse Star
- 30 second Free Star
- 30 second Tuck Sit
- Some experience with L basing Hand to Hand
- 1 minute handstand at wall
- Two High
Advanced Immersion: Hand to Hand and Dynamic L-Basing
The Advanced Immersion is an action-packed 5 days of Standing H2H, RH2H mounts, dismounts, and challenging transitions. Dynamic L-Basing is also a feature, including Icarian Games, whips, whip pops. This immersion is for students well-versed in partner acrobatics and looking for more difficult material leading towards performance and high-level play in calibrated partnerships.
Prerequisite skills to attend:
- 1 minute handstand (either spotted, against wall, or free)
- Cartwheel (both sides)
- Forward Roll and Back Roll
- 20 Push Ups in one set
- 1 minute plank pose
- 1 minute hollow body hold
* 1 minute handstand (spotted, against wall, or free)
* Cartwheel (both sides)
* Forward Roll and Back Roll
* 20 Push Ups in one set
* 1 minute plank pose
* 1 minute hollow body hold
* 1 minute L-Base Foot to Hand and Reverse Foot to Hand on straight arms
* Front Plank pop to Reverse Hand to Hand hold 10 seconds, bail out to side
* Jump to low Hand to Hand, hold 10 seconds
* Icarian: Front Plank toss to Seated, Seated toss to Front Plank, Reverse Star Overbalance toss to Seated
* Swan Dive, Back Whip from Seated and Reverse Throne
* Standing F2H, (5 squats, 5 push presses towards extension)
* Standing H2H (5 seconds, no walking)
*Fulfills prerequisite training time and skills for Aaron Lind Acrobatics Teacher Training
Visit the shop to find an immersion near you, or use the contact page to bring an event to your home community!